Wood Wind-Up Boat
A dreamy Hinoki wind-up boat that will transport your little one's bath time to the purifying forests of Japan.
Hinoki is an ancient cypress wood native to Japan. Light-weight, antimicrobial and naturally resistant to humidity, it's been used for centuries in Japanese bathhouses. Which makes it the perfect material for a bath toy too.
To set your "ofune" to sail - first, wind the rotating knob on the top of the boat. Then, place in the bath or small pool and watch the Mama boat tug the baby boat around and around in circles!
- [contents] : 1x main boat 100 x 65 x 65 (mm) 1x mini boat mini boat: 50 x 32 x 45 (mm)
- [materials] : 100% hinoki cypress wood / fabric (mini boat mast)
- [special care]: Please read these directions on how to care for hinoki wood before purchase.
- Wipe thoroughly with a dry cloth after each use and leave to air dry in a well-ventilated area
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- While hinoki is naturally resistant to humidity, it should not be left to soak in water for longer periods of time.
This may cause mold and black spots to develop or cause permanent damage to the wood.
- To enjoy the natural Hinoki aroma, the bottom of the boat has been left untreated.
Over time, untreated hinoki can emit a special resin called 'Yani".
While it may be slightly sticky and appear as a discoloration, it is not harmful to the item. On the contrary, this essential oil is the source of Hinoki's distinct citrusy scent.
(*if preferred, it may also be wiped off with a dry cloth)
- That's it! Happy Bath time! 💦